This is free advice from a common man but having seen your last few movies, I think someone had to do this.
- Teri Meri Kahaani looked like a bad copy of Love Aaj Kal and the awful fake sets didn’t help. What was Kunal Kohli thinking? A good script is the only reason you should act in a movie, that or if it’s a mindless blockbuster that pays well. Read your scripts and judge them well before you sign up for a movie.
- Don’t do movies just because it’s being directed / produced by your father, mother, uncle, aunt, girlfriend etc. That’s a good way to commit career suicide. That won’t help you or your family.
- Mausam could have been a better movie without the last 30 to 45 minutes. If it’s not going right, step in and make yourself heard, it’s your movie too.
- Don’t do movies with Parineeti Chopra, it will not sell and it won’t help with Priyanka Chopra in the long run. While we are at it, make sure your heroines are not bigger than you, they can be taller and that’s sexy but not larger. Please, no Sonakshi Sinha either.
- Success makes a man attractive. If you are successful, Priyanka or anyone else you fancy will come to you.
- This is a tough one but you need to get yourself in a couple of movies like Rocket Singh, Delhi Belly or even Band Baaja Baraat. There is no shame in approaching directors and asking for work.
- Practice for the award ceremony performance. This might not seem important but whether it’s hosting or performing, someone is always watching and that includes producers and directors.